Human beings take oxygen from the atmosphere and release carbon dioxide in return. This complete process occurs in Breathing.
The process of transportation of oxygen in human being is as follows
- When we inhale air oxygen reaches the alveoli in lungs.
- The alveoli in lungs are surrounded by thin capillaries which carry blood in them.
- The oxygen diffuses from the alveoli walls to the blood in capillaries.
- This blood travels through the body. Hemoglobin which is present in blood binds with oxygen and carries it along with blood.
The process of transportation of Carbon dioxide In human beings is as follows
- Carbon dioxide is produced as a waste product in respiration in the cells of tissues.
- Carbon dioxide is transported in dissolved form in blood.
- From blood carbon dioxide passes to the alveoli Where it diffuses from blood to air in the lungs.
- Chest cavity is compressed due to relaxation of ribs and diaphragm.
- Carbon dioxide is forced out of lungs to the atmosphere