The Indian desert
- The Indian desert lies towards Western margins of the Aravali Hills.
- It receives less than 150 millimeter rainfall annually.
- It consists of wave like Sandy Plains with various types of sand dunes.
- The Indian desert has low vegetation because of arid climate.
- In Indian deserts water streams appear only in monsoon season.
- The only river in this region is River Luni.
- Crescent-shaped and longitudinal sand dunes cover most part of the desert.
- Crescent shaped sand dunes called Barchans covers most of this desert.
- Longitudinal sand dunes are seen on the Western edge of this region near the Indo Pakistan border.