Neatly Labelled Diagram of transpiration with all steps is as follows –
Transpiration is the process of loss of water in the form of water vapor from the leaves and other aerial parts of the plant
Steps Of Transpiration
- Water enters the root from the soil by Osmosis.
- Water moves into the xylem by Osmosis.
- Cohesion between water molecules forms a continuous Water column from the roots to the leaves.
- Which in tum pulls the water column in the xylem of the shoot and root upward.
- Which in turn pulls water in the veins of the leaves upward and outward.
- Tension pulls water from the veins into the apoplast surrounding the mesophyll cells.
- Water evaporates from mesophyll cell walls.
- During transpiration water vapor diffuses out of the leaf through pores called stomata.