What are Meirstemmatic Tissue?
Meristematic tissue are the types of tissues in plants in which cells always keep dividing giving rise to new cells.
Features of Meristematic tissues
- These tissues are responsible for the growth of plants and that’s why it is also called as growth tissue.
- This tissues have the ability to stretch, enlarge and differentiate into other types of cells as the grow.
- Meristematic tissue has the power to divide all the time.
- Meristematic tissue forming cells are very active, with dense cytoplasm, thin cellulose wall and prominent nuclei.
- Meristematic tissue doesn’t have vacuoles because vacuoles are full of cell sap and provide turgidity and rigidity to the cell which causes obstruction in cell division.
- The new of Meristematic tissue are initially same like Meristem cell, its characteristics changes once they grow and differentiated components of other tissues.
ALSO CHECK- TISSUES CLASS 9 NOTES
Functions Of Meristematic tissue
- Meristematic Tissues plays important role in dividing the tissues of the plant.
- Meristematic tissues also plays important role in elongation and thickness growth of the plant. This is also called as primary and secondary growth of the plant.
- All the part of the plants growth occurs by the division of meristematic tissue.