What are Meirstemmatic Tissue?
Meristematic tissue are the types of tissues in plants in which cells always keep dividing giving rise to new cells.
Features of Meristematic tissues
- These tissues are responsible for the growth of plants and that’s why it is also called as growth tissue.
- This tissues have the ability to stretch, enlarge and differentiate into other types of cells as the grow.
- Meristematic tissue has the power to divide all the time.
- Meristematic tissue forming cells are very active, with dense cytoplasm, thin cellulose wall and prominent nuclei.
- Meristematic tissue doesn’t have vacuoles because vacuoles are full of cell sap and provide turgidity and rigidity to the cell which causes obstruction in cell division.
- The new of Meristematic tissue are initially same like Meristem cell, its characteristics changes once they grow and differentiated components of other tissues.
Functions Of Meristematic tissue
Meristematic Tissues plays important role in dividing the tissues of the plant.
Meristematic tissues also plays important role in elongation and thickness growth of the plant. This is also called as primary and secondary growth of the plant.
All the part of the plants growth occurs by the division of meristematic tissue.