Question Answers of Hardware and software Chapter for Primary School.
Q1. What are the basic parts of computer?
A1. There are two basic parts of computer
Q2. What is Hardware?
A2. Physical parts of a computer which you can touch and see is called as hardware. Example monitor, keyboard, hard disk , CPU chip etc.
Q3. How Hardware of the computer is classified?
A3. Hardware of the computer is classified into 3 parts
- Input devices- Example keyboard, mouse, joystick etc.
- Output devices- Example Monitor, Printer, Speaker
- Storage Devices- Example CD, Hard Disk, Pen Drive.
Q4. What are Input devices in Hardware of computer?
A4. Input Devices of computer are the hardware devices which is used to input words, number or pictures into a computer. For example, keyboard, mouse, joystick, microphone etc.
Q5. What is Scanner?
- Scanner is a computer hardware which is an input device.
- It copies a picture or text printed on a paper into the computer.
Q6. What is trackball?
- Trackball is a computer hardware which is an input device
- It has ball on the top to move the pointer on the screen.
Q7. What is Web Camera?
- Web Camera is a computer hardware which is an input device.
- It is used to share picture and have live chat with our friends and relatives using internet.
Q8. What is Joy Stick?
- Joy Stick is a computer hardware which is an input device.
- It is used for playing games. It helps to move the items on the screen.
Q9. What is light pen?
- Light pen is a computer hardware which is an input device.
- It looks like a pen that can be used on a special pad and whatever you write on it displays on the monitor.
Q10. What is computer software?
- Computer software is a set of instructions given to the computer to do a particular work.
- Computer software is that part of the computer which cannot be seen and touched.
### Computer software
Computer software is a set of instructions into the computer to do a particular work.
Computer software is that part of a computer which cannot be seen or touched.
Q11. How does the computer software works?
A11. In computer we put information through input devices, this information is then processed in the CPU, and this processing is done by software.It takes the input from the user processes it and displays the output on the monitor.
Input device(information)–Information processed in CPU(by software)–Displayed on Output Device (monitor)
Q12. What are the types of computer software?
A12. Computer softwares are of two types
- System software
- Application software
Q13. What is system software?
A13. System software is the set of program that controls the overall working of the computer.
Q14. What is operating system?
- Operating system is a part of system software that makes a computer Run.
- Without operating system a computer cannot work on its own.
Q15. What are the functions of operating system?
- Operating system manages all input and output operations.
- It also manages the link between different parts of computer and the user.
- Operating system is the driver of the computer which makes it Run and without it a computer cannot work.
Q16. What is application software?
A16. The software that is designed to do a specific type of work is called application software. For example MS Paint, games, WordPad, calculator etc.